Doing It Right!
- A nation is leveled by 7.0 Earthquake, nations around the world step up to support. This is the first and foremost the “Do Better Moment” of the week and hopefully it will continue throughout the month, year, decade, etc… My comments aren’t needed for the Crisis in Haiti, simply ways for you to support is suffice…
- During the woeful NFL playoff games I stumbled upon a concert by Raphael Saadiq at the Artists Den in Boston. Brother Saadiq saved me from the 4th quarter of the Patriots vs. Ravens game. His performance, shown on PBS, featured many of his songs from his latest work “The Way I See It.” He and the band did a great job, it was just as powerful as seeing him live. If you (still) don’t have the album do yourself a favor and go get it!
- Sid the Science Kid to the rescue!!! Another PBS savior during the playoffs was Sid the Science Kid. I’m not sure if it was due the HD clarity, the locks he rocked, or the fact he seemed to have “knocked-knees” but I was captivated by his hunger for knowledge with his fellow Playdoh* structured friends. After watching two episodes (yes, I watched two… I had to figure out if they really made him “knocked-kneed”) I was surprised to find out that his parents appeared to be multiracial. There’s a possibility that I’m reading too much into it but I’m not the only one. Anyway, to those parents out there with young children, Sid the Science Kid is Do Better Approved! Plus, he rocks a mic wherever he goes! That’s hip-hop! (Whaaaaa???)
“My mic sounds nice, check 1…”
I’m just saying… this is his family… It’s 2010… OBAMA!!!
- Controversial former president of Howard University, Dr. James E. Cheek passes. Some may complain about his methods or his social / political affiliations, however there’s no denying the impact he had on the prestigious institution. Under the 20 years of his tenure from 1968 to 1989, the schools enrollment increased by 3,500 and the budget leaped from $43 million to $417 million. Along the way new schools and colleges were created during his time at the Mecca. It would be an injustice if the son of a Howard alum and professor, who graduated and taught while Cheek was in office, didn’t pay respect. Especially if that son is also an alum. Thank you.
Dr. James Edward Cheek (Dec. 4, 1932 – Jan. 8, 2010)
- NBC wants to play games with Late Night schedule, Coco goes puff! You all know what’s going on… I hope… here’s a sampling of the Late Night Fights. Click for Conan’s letter to people of earth and check out the videos below. By the way, the Do Better Movement is officially #TeamConan.
Conan’s lists his options…
It’s true, Conan’s a ho’.
Jimmy Kimmel chimes in…
thank you for doing better,
– dre’ of onustees.com